Saturday, November 7, 2009

No Bueno: HUH?



We were really confused when we read this statement from singer Miley Cyrus.

But really, we kinda think she was just being too honest for her own good.


In an interview before one of her shows, a reporter asked her which Jay-Z song had inspired the line from her hit song Party in the U.S.A, "And a Jay-Z song was on..."

And her response....

"I don't know, I didn't write the song so I have no idea. Honestly, I picked that song cause I needed something to go with my clothing line, I didn’t write it. And it wasn’t something that, like, I even expected to be popular, originally. It was just something that I wanted to do, I needed some songs, and it turned out for the best. I've never heard a Jay-Z song. I don't listen to pop music. It's not even that style of music.


Hmmm.... We hate being confused. Who has never heard a Jay-Z song? Maybe our Grandmas...

And isn't it a little blase and careless that while you are sitting around the studio recording a song about how much you love someone's music... You don't even pull it up on Itunes to make sure?


Well, you know what Jay-Z has to say about this...

"I got 99 problems.... "

Most of us know the rest.

But we gotta admit, that new Miley song IS pretty catchy!


"My tummys turnin and I’m feelin kinda home sick/too much pressure and I’m nervous/that’s when the taxi man turned on the radio/and a Jay Z song was on/and the Jay Z song was on/and the Jay Z song was on

CHORUS:
So I put my hands up/they’re playing my song/and the butterflys fly away/noddin’ my head like yea/movin my hips like yea
I got my hands up/they’re playin my song/I know im gonna be ok/yea, It’s a party in the USA/yea, It’s a party in the USA"


XOXO- Things-We-Heart




No comments: