Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Random Hearts: Hosoi, my boy!!


When I was growing up I used to tear pictures of Christian Hosoi out of my big brother's Thrasher magazines and hid them under my mattress. 

What I didn't know then was that I was SOOOO not the only girl in total heartsville with Mr. Hosoi. 

Hosoi was a straight up lady killer. 


So imagine my total delight when I flicked on the t.v for a lazy Sunday morning zone out and saw that Rising Son, the legend of Christian Hosoi was on!! 

Holy F#*k, I sat my 3 year old down for a lesson in awesome. 


What they captured in the movie that I couldn't find on my internet photo quest, was how AMAZING and crazy his style was. 

He never wore a T-shirt that was not ripped in a creative and fun way and he was just super decedent and wild. 

Look at the color combo on his classic late 80's deck. 
Yeah we heart that. 

Needless to say, I spent the whole next evening prowling e-bay for vintage late 80's skate clothes... I was after a vintage pink Hosi t-shirt, but instead I found a black and lime Jimmy Z tank. Good enough. 

Please make the time to see this movie, it is inspiring to see how Christian turned his life around, and all you fashion lovers will die for his style and his beauty. 

We randomly heart this skateboarding legend. 

XOXO- Things-We-Heart

No comments: