Sunday, June 28, 2009

Monday: The fountain of youth....



For centuries now the legend of a fountain or spring that will restore the youth to any that drink from it's waters has been told. 


In 1513 Ponce De Leon lead an expedition in search of this exact fountain, instead he found Florida... And since Miami is now one of the leading places to get great (and no-so-great) plastic surgery, he may not have been that far off. 

But could it be true that such a magical fountain exists? And if so, why has no one ever found it? And if this fountain were in fact real, what would the consequence be if you were if fact young forever? And not in a sexy romantic Edward and Bella way, but more like in that movie with Goldie Hawn and Meryl Streep, Death Becomes Her. 

(Sorry, but Miss Me & Miss t.w.h friendship contract insists that we put as many photos of Edward as possible.) 

What if you did drink from the fountain of youth and it all went so terribly wrong? 

Hmmm, so many questions to ponder as another Birthday passes us by. 
The truth is, and I never would have dreamed it true... But I feel better and more confident at "thirty-something" then I ever did at "twenty-anything". 

Of course it is scary to see little fine laugh lines and little smile crinkles appear on my face where none used to live.... But, shouldn't I be happy that at least I don't have frown lines and worry creases? That must mean life has been pretty good so far. 

Of course that is not to say I am giving up on all my creams and lotions and whatever potions I can find to help keep me looking as young as I can! I am just saying be confident, not silly! 

The fountain of youth is really found in taking care of yourself and loving yourself, and that means all sorts of things. 
Do things that make you feel good, eat yummy salads, go for walks in the park with your lover, laugh till water comes out of your nose... Hey maybe that IS the fountain of youth! 
Drink lots of water to keep your skin soft. 

But most of all, have fun! Laugh at yourself. Don't be to serious! If you are gonna have to be an old lady one day, be a rad old lady with a sassy sense of style! 

Remember, not everything about being young is so great.... Check out these thighs! 

XOXO- Things We Heart


We love you! 

No comments: